Links and information from May 2023 Chapter Meeting
Thank you to those who attended our May chapter meeting on May 20, 2023. We will be on summer break from chapter meetings until September. In the meantime, the HLAA-TC Book Club will continue to meet on Zoom every fourth Tuesday night of the month (to register for book club Zoom links always refer to our website homepage where registration links are always updated). The HLAA-TC Board will meet in June, (be on break in July) and resume meeting in August. All members are welcome to board meetings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for board meeting links.
See below for links and information shared in the May chapter meeting entitled “A Group Discussion of our Individual Ways of Living with Hearing Loss”:
- The link to find other HLAA chapters virtual meetings: https://hlaagroups.hearingloss.org/g/HLAALeaders/calendar
- For captioned cultural events happening around town, subscribe to Minnesota Access Alliance [MNAA] Accessible Arts & Culture Calendar https://calendar.mnaccess.org
- HLAA-TC blogged about several upcoming events, subscribe to our blog as we post 1-2 times a month with helpful information: https://www.hlaatc.org/upcoming-captioned-cultural-events-virtual-and-in-person/
- Our own HLAA-TC virtual Book Club: https://www.hlaatc.org/book-club/
- A previous HLAA-TC blog post that talks about various apps and websites to help aid with hearing loss: https://www.hlaatc.org/technology-hearing-devices-for-surviving-the-holidays-with-hearing-loss/
- For iPhone users: if you have an iPhone 11 or newer you can update to iOS 16 and turn on Live Captions and be able to caption everything. [Live captions on your iPhone: Settings/Accessibility/Live Captions (Beta)] This article is a good overview: https://tinyurl.com/8bv2b6m6
- Monique Hammond spoke about hearing loops and she spoke at our October 2022 Conference on Noise-induced Hearing Loss (you can visit Monique’s information from that presentation here and you can also see more information from that conference here. Monique’s website and blog: https://hearing-loss-talk.com/blog/ The organization that Monique and her husband Ross manage: https://www.loopminnesota.org/ And you can also contact Monique via the email address she shared: email@example.com
- An article on hearing loops: https://hearinghealthmatters.org/thisweek/2023/telecoils-hearing-aids-loops/
As always, our website is constantly updated with meeting information, etc.: https://www.hlaatc.org/ and we will be updating it in the coming months with an updated Meeting Schedule.
Thank you everyone for your participation and enjoy the summer.
Book Club: Next Book Club is this Tuesday May 23, 2023 at 7:00 pm (Central Time) for an Informal Book Chat (Click here to register). In June and July we are welcoming author guests (visit our book club page for more information: https://www.hlaatc.org/book-club/